So, yesterday we went south into Connemara in County Mayo. Lots of sheep, cows and rocks. Big rocks, little rocks, flat rocks, round rocks, rocks on top of rocks. You can get the picture. It was very deserty. The sheep we saw in this part of the country had very long hair. For some reason the farmers had marked some of the sheep with pink or blue strips. We had one sheep at the side of the road that just looked at us. The pub we ate lunch at everyone was speaking Gaelic. Greg had a wonderful piece of lamb and I had the Guinness Irish Stew. It was very yum.
So shopping carts are trolleys and trucks are lorries. The roads are very narrow even when they are 2 ways roads.
The diet coke tastes different, but that was to be expected. Mostly bottled water unless you ask for tap water.
We got a pig of a car so we returned it today and got a different one. Much better.
Staying at a B and B tonight. The owners name is Mary White and her son is Daniel. He is very bright and wants to know everything about you. At dinner tonight we brought him back a gingerbread man. There was a doll baby of a girl at dinner. She is not quite 1 and her name was Katie. She was more interested in looking at Greg than eating her dinner.
The countryside is beautiful. I can see why they say there are 40 shades of green. There are fuchsia bushes growing wild along the road sides. Back home we are lucky to get a pot of them to grown for a couple of months. Lots of calla lilies growing as well. They are huge.
The people are very nice, warm and friendly. Elvis is very big down here. The minute they find out we are from Memphis they want to know about Graceland.
I had a list of things I was going to write about tonight, but have misplaced my list, if I find it tomorrow I will post more-if we have access. The castle had the Internet for 1 day and then they lost it.
I love the tea, it is wonderful. You get your choice of white or brown sugar. It comes in big lumps, not like the cubes we have, they are very irregular in shape. No 2 are alike.
The trees have so much moss on them you can "pet" them. Greg took my picture of me "petting" them.
The abbey we saw in Cong was built in the 7th century. There is also a picture of me in the monks fish house. They built a house over the stream. A trap door was in the middle of the floor, so they could fish in the winter.
More later. Much love to everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. If you need me or Greg for something, just email and when we can we will get back to you.
1 comment:
Sounds so fabulous, Mom!
Post a Comment