People amaze me.I had a lady that wanted to meet this afternoon so she could get a price on upholstering 4 cushions for her chairs. They are box cushions with zippers and piping LARGE cushions for mission style chairs. I quoted her $75 each-my gosh I thought she would have a heart attack. Her husband said go ahead and have them done. She just kept on and on about how EASY they were to do and she could buy new chairs for that price. If it is so dang easy-then you do it. People think that you should work for slave wages when you sew. I gave her another place to go too, she will find out I am very reasonable-of course by that time, I may be too busy to do them-wicked laugh at this point.
There was another lady that sews standing there and listening to all this. After the people left she agreed that my price was quite reasonable.
Oh, well so goes the life of the seamstress.
1 comment:
That is funny! Well, she'll probably shop around and then come back to you. Or try to do them herself and realize it's not as easy as she thinks!
Post a Comment