So summer is here, it is hot and muggy, but I like the summer. I keep telling myself that when all my clothes stick to me. However, my flowers are gorgeous. Becky helped me mucho this spring. She single handedly weeded all my front beds. Yeah Becky. When I was in OK, my weeds returned with vengeance. However, I think I have identified the culprit. Nut grass, it seems that the more you pull it up the worst it gets. There are 2 nuts ( yes 2 nuts) on the roots. Even when you pull all the plant up-which it the way you get rid of most weeds-the nuts sometimes stays and instead of one weed you now have 2. Hence all the weeds in my front bed. The good news is, and article in the paper today telling me how rid my self of this pest. I have fought this monster ever since I have lived here.
Greg is going to be in the newspaper The Commercial Appeal, on July 7. The article is going to be in the fitness section. It is all about his mountain climbing for Summit for Someone. They took a lot of pictures of him "climbing" the tread machine with his pack. The incline on this machine is really steep so he puts on a 45 pound pack and away he goes. Hopefully, the article will generate contributions to Summit for Someone, and some little kid will get to go to the mountains for the week. I think all in all Greg was kinda embarrassed. For those of you who know Greg, he really doesn't like "being front and center". Next year, he wants to be a counselor for one of the camps.
Had my sewing class last night.What a nice group of ladies. I have 3. Two are about Jenn's age and the other is a very poor 14 year old girl. I feel very sorry for her. If I could I would give her another sewing machine.The one she is working on is very old and in very poor condition. But she has a passion for wanting to sew and hopefully I can help her fulfill that passion. Her grandmother's mother used to make quilts and she-her name is Rebecca by the way-wants to do the same. There may be some fabric from my stash going her way. The other ladies are very sweet and want to learn home decor.
I am taking a quilt class myself. It will be my first. I know, I know I already quilt, so why am I taking a class? Well, because I am self taught and I might be able to learn better ways to do things.
Wow, I think I just downloaded flowers to my site. All by myself. Jennifer and Becky should be proud.
Guess, I need to quit "talking" and get busy. I have to get "stuff" for the house among other things today.
Bye
4 comments:
Go Mom! Both the flowers and the photos look lovely! Good job!
Ooops, that was me. Love you!
I'm sorry I didn't call you back about the pictures. It was 10:30 pm before I realized I had a message. You did beautifully on your own though, and your flowers are gorgeous!
Thanks guys
Post a Comment