Got back from Vegas. Really you only need about 2 nights and 3 days there. Actually, we did end up coming home early. Just before we left, Greg was told he HAD to be back for a meeting on Wed morn at 8 am. So, he figured he would take a red-eye home on Tuesday and be there for the meeting. By the time Tuesday rolled around, we decided just to get on the road home. Fortunately, we were able to get an 11:30 am flight be get on home. Made the 8 am meeting a whole lot better with some sleep for Greg and I was just tired of Vegas.
We went to a show while we were there. The original Circ show. It was good, but you really need to see them in order. I wish we had seen this one first before the other one we saw.
Found a couple of wonderful quilt shops. One, I had found the last time I was there. The other one is what I want to be when I grow up. O my gosh, what a beautiful store. They had just all kinds of antiques as merchandising tables. There was one old stove I would have loved to have. Dropped a couple of $$ there.
As usual, the slot machines loved my money. I could almost hear them saying, yum give us money. Went to the old strip and got to meet Elvis. Greg has the picture on his phone. As soon as I figure out how to I will post it. He was a really good one. It was obvious he had spent some serious $$ on his suit. The hair was real, all in all, pretty darn good. Pictures equal tips. Made some money on blackjack down town and gave it all back. Got a picture of Greg and I will $1 million. Had a lot of fun that day.
Back home and recouping. Last week was not so great, but I have faith this week will be better.
Chrystal had a wreak and totaled her car last week. She is ok, but very very sore.
Same day, different sh--with my mother. I feel so bad she won't allow us to help her. Please don't let me be that way when I am old. Denise-bless her heart-has tried several different ways to get Mom help with baths, house, etc. Mom ends up sending them away for different reasons. Most of those have to do with medicine. Last Friday, Denise had sent up a home visit, Mom-I don't need a bath, I need medicine, can't you get me some medicine? Any way......
Thanksgiving is upon us. Have some friends coming over, not sure about Ben and Angel yet. I am sure we will see them at least for a little while. Like most couples in town with relatives I am sure they feel pulled. We get to see them other times.
Off to the sewing room.
1 comment:
Glad you had fun in Vegas! I've still never seen a circ show. Hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment