Friday, October 22, 2010

Just thinking

I just finished reading my children's blog and while I love hearing what they are doing, it makes me really, really want to be with them. This living so far away from them both really sucks, but that is what we have to do. Sometimes I long for the days where everyone lived in the same town and got to see each other daily. Oh, well, life isn't all fair.

On to better words,

I just finished making a dino hat for the boys, they are really cute. Hope to have them finished and in the mail by this weekend.

Greg is gone on a team run this weekend, should be back on Sunday evening.

Last weekend we took a break from Memphis and went to Hot Springs, AK. A long time ago, it was the Mecca for sick people. They bathed in the thermal waters. We tried one of the old bath houses. It is not for those who have any modesty. It was fun, I can say, been there done that, but give me a spa, where they have robes and such.

Went fishing on Monday for bass. I always go into fishing trips all positive that we will bring home huge amounts of fish. But alas, only one was caught, despite the fancy fish finder and gear. Greg caught a 11# 18" bass.It was quite tasty. Me, I only caught a great time on the water with nature.

Sunday was spent hiking in the Hot Springs National Park. Did you know it is the oldest part in the system? FDR used to go to the hot baths. It was very pretty and was nice to be outside doing something.

1 comment:

Jube said...

We miss you too. Anytime you want to get on an airplane we'd be happy to have you!