Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wills

After 18 months of the drafts sitting on a desk in our house, we have finally gotten our wills to the attorney. Now we just wait for the final drafts. They are really basic, if I go, Greg gets it all, if he goes I get it all, and if we both go, the kids get it all. Unfortunately, the state of TN is not very nice to widows/widowers if you die instate. The remaining spouse only gets 1/3 and the rest go to the natural children.

Not that I don't love all the kids, but if one of us goes, the other will need the income-that getting old and stuff.

Not a very pleasant subject to talk about, but if you have children you really need a will. All of you out there without a will. Get one.

2 comments:

Jube said...

We just got finished updating ours. It's one of those things that just keeps getting pushed to the side.

Glad to see you're blogging again!

ldupbeat said...

We haven't done one yet, and we really need to.