Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tomatoes tomatoes or is it tomatos??

So, I have been on vacation for the last 7 days. If you read Jennifer's blog you will capture a lot of my joy as well. What a great time we had-more on that later.

So, tomatoes are really in the markets right now and I thought I would share a recipe I found a couple of years ago that is truly yummy.

**Fresh Tomato Sauce W/Linguine

3 cups fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
4 oz. mozzarella cheese-cubed

1/3 cup fresh chopped basil
1/4 cup Olive oil-use a good one
1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

8 oz linguine-cooked.

Mix together spices, cheese and tomatoes. Let sit, if possible,for a couple of hours for the flavors to blend.

Serve over cooked linguine.

The sauce is supposed to be either cool or room temp. It is surprising how quickly is warms over the linguine.


So, try it if you want. It is a great summer recipe. Not a lot of hot stove.



1 comment:

ldupbeat said...

This sounds wonderful! We have 5 tomato plants too, so we can use fresh tomatos, Yeah!