Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

What a wonderful week. My Mother's Day started on Thursday with cards from Jenn, Ryan and the boys. Along with that came a summer pair of pj's and a matching robe. They are wonderful shade of purple/lavender. Then the next day Becky's card came and later in the day, a pair of bird earrings from Becca came as well. A little bird brought them to me.

Thank you to both my girls, their husbands and my grand boys. Thank you Thank you.

Sunday morning, Bridget and Greg made me breakfast-cheese eggs, bacon and toast. They also got me cards. Chrystal came over and brought me a begonia and a card as well. I am loved.

Later, Greg and I went to the flower store and got lots of plants. Mostly perennials. Some really interesting ones too, I might add. One is a corkscrew, curly kind of thing, another is a Lenten Rose, and yet another is Solomon's Seal. We got others but that is just a few. Oh, Oh I forgot, we put in clematis's in the trellis bed. According to the tag, we are going to get great big 8-10" flowers sometime this summer and they will bloom until fall.

I have planted flowers on Mother's Day for as long as I can remember. Every time I do, I remember two little girls who played in the dirt with me. That will always be with me.

We didn't get everything planted because my Mother's Day feast had yet to come. BBQ ribs, potatoes with onions , and a wonderful salad made by Chrys. Yum. Ben, Angel and Chrys joined us for dinner.

I have wonderful family. I am blessed. Thank you to all my awesome family.

3 comments:

Jube said...

Wish we could have been there planting flowers with you.

nana said...

Me too.

Becky said...

You should put pictures of your pretty new plants (and the back yard) on your blog. I'd love to see them!