I always hate to title my entry because I never know where it is going to take me. I know, I know I can always go back and change it but seems like I post before I remember I was going to change it.
Changed jobs-if you can call playing with a hobby you love work- to another quilt shop closer to home. I didn't change because of the distance, but because of the attitude in the shop. I had more fun in the first day at the new place, than I had the entire time at the other one. The staff is super friendly, extremely talented and very helpful.
They just started selling Berninas recently so they were glad to have me and I was glad to be there. Quilt shops tend to mimic the owner both in the color and flavor of the fabrics and just in the over all feel of the place. The old place-while they had pretty fabrics-the fabrics or the shop just didn't fit me. Very quiet and demure-LOL, certainly doesn't sound like me, huh? Like the owner they were very muted and didn't "show" up. The new place has my wild prints, loud colors, cool batiks, my kinda place. Working 2 days a week, but the owner told if she would have me working 6 days if I were able. I just laughed at her and she smiled. They plan on me doing a lot of teaching-which I love. I think I was a teacher in another life. I have always enjoyed it and seems like where ever I go that is what I do.
Loving living near the kids. It's really nice to get to see your daughter every few days or in some times hours. Tucker and I are having a wonderful time. He has turned into quite the baker. He wants to know the "why" of everything. It's lots of fun.
I am hoping pretty soon Finley will be ok with spending the night with us. We haven't tried naps yet because all we have is a pack and play and Jenn says he doesn't always sleep well in one. I'm sure Jenn and Ryan will be happy for that day as well. Then they can have an entire night to themselves and can stay home if they choose. We gave them a 3 day pass for Christmas. When they take us up on it, we will probably stay at their house at night and come back home during the day.
Jenn started school again. I am so dang proud of her. It takes a lot to go back to school with a husband and 2 little ones at home. Soon she will be a nurse, May will be here before we know it. Now I have someone to take care of my medical needs when I get old. LOL. She has told me she won't put me in a nursing home which I am very grateful for. Hopefully, I won't ever have any thing that would require a nursing home such as dementia.
Had a medical procedure done last week and the nurse stuck me 3 times before she was able to get an iv started. I am a hard stick anyway but when I am dehydrated it is even worse. Fear not, it was just for a look around my throat and tummy for my GERD. Excitement, excitement in a few more weeks I get a colonoscophy. The prep is horrible.
We have a couple of things in the water for businesses. Two of them are for home inspection. They are both good but for different reasons. Pray we will make the right decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment