Thursday, December 22, 2011

Stuff

I am having so much fun living here among the kids, both my older kids and the little ones. So nice to be just 5 minutes away. Makes it really easy to just see everyone on a whim.

Tucker has turned into quite the little baker. I have a stand up mixer and have shown him how it works. The last time we baked, he was telling me all the safety rules!

When we first started baking he wanted to do all the measuring, but since he has been "trained" on the mixer....well you know what he wants to do. It does make the process go a little faster with me doing the measuring, but baking with him does take a little longer which is ok with me. I am having so much fun with him.Snickerdoodles were our last cookie to make. We looked on line to see where the name came from, they don't really know. It has its base in German but that's about it.

Getting him from school today to make a gingerbread house. I bought a kit this year. Last time he was over, we went thru everything we had to augment the supplies that came with the house. Depending on how the house goes, we may do cut out cookies as well. I plan on making up the dough this morning so it's chilled this afternoon and take a little time out of the process.

Finley is such a cutie. Right now I don't think he feels very well, so he wants Mom a lot. He loves to watch nursery songs with Greg on the computer. I'll look around and Greg has them both on his lap watching songs. So cute!!

Both of the boys like to do duplos at our house. Duplos are legos answer to blocks for little hands that can't yet grasp the little tiny lego block. We have quite a collection going.

The weather here has been great so far. I think God is easing me into the winter this year. I am sure the snow and wind will come soon, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I would have liked a white Christmas but don't think it is in the cards.

Jenn and I got a massage yesterday. Ryan had found a great deal on them and he and Greg got them for us. Jenn was very relaxed when she came out. I think it was just what she needed.

No comments: